Google

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Onam Sadhya!!


I should be ashamed to tell this as a Malayalee that today was the first time in 27 years that I got to have a Onam Sadhya. Sadhya consists of 21 dishes servered on a plaintain leaf! I guess it is the different style and tradition that is followed in different parts of Kerala, I am from North Kerala - Kannur to be precise. The traditional Sadhya in north Kerala consist of a non-veg lunch..mostly Biriyani. !!

I have been pulling my mom's leg telling that she never made a sadhya for Onam!! We were mostly in chennai for Onam and missed out of the fanfare and different traditions.

Mr & Mrs Biju - Thank you! The lunch was great! You guys made history in my life!!

Leaving you with some of the other snaps!

2 comments:

Preethika said...

Thanks! but any day i would love the north kerala version of sadya...

Biriyani and all the non-veg stuff... better than all the veggies...

Aki said...

@Preethi : True...but I never had the oppurtunity to try the full course sadhya...thanks to you ..and of course Biju...who chopped the vegetables and did the dishes :D