Google

Sunday, September 07, 2008

My fav seat in the train

I have heard many people crib about getting a side lower seat allocated on an over night journey on a train . Reasons are plenty...short space, cann't fit one self flat if you happen to be tall,disturbance when Sleeping- the whole berth having access to the asile, A nuisance as it is the most accessable seat for the hawkers and beggers to pester. However THAT IS MY FAV SEAT. Yes, I have trouble fitting into the Seat flat ...some might say I would have trouble breth wise...as well. LOL . Reasons I like that seat are plenty....I love to keep both the windows open and let the fresh air hit me ! Love to sit there with the leg streched and read through the journey, Love to sit through the night with the cool breeze sing a rythymic tone blended with the sound of the train, through the night and love grazing at the stars and see the stations wizz by.And the best part is I dont feel like sleeping in a match box with the roof 2 feet away!!

Not any more. I am not sure how many of you have got to know of this, well I learnt it the hard way and was a rude shock to me on the journey from Erode to Kannur. The side berth which just had two berths now have a side lower, side middle and a side upper. So no more sitting on the SL berth @ night when your fellow passengers are early to bed and late to rise hardcore followers. I am a great train fan on long distance journey just for this seat...now it makes me rethink....

Guess this is how it feels to be in the body box in a mortuary cold storage when you attain eternal sleep.

8 comments:

Abhishek said...

You are among those very few people (any at all?) I know who would say they love that seat. If I talk about myself, then cool wind through the windows, gazing at the stars, stations passing by, blah blah blah would all be irrelevant to me, as I usually (=always) prefer an AC compartment. :)
But hey, nice though. Except for the new i-will-stuff-more-if-you-dont-wannna-pay-extra from Lalu.

Aki said...

Abhishek: Thanks :) Yup..the train looks over crowded. NOt sure how this is in the AC though

Abhishek said...

neither me. its been a time since i boarded a train. i must do that. train journeys are always more exciting, as long as they are short :)

well, you called me abhishek for the first time :)... I am too used to hearing "pandey" :D

Aki said...

Pandey: LOL!!

Skely said...

munna pandey: perhaps aki thought it was some stranger, who had commented in his blog. ;)

Abhishek said...

And if Aki da is going to confirm this, then he must be afraid of me... how can he NOT KNOW MY FIRST NAME... !!!! Aki da?????

Aki said...

Pandey...dont listen to Married old people who spread rumors.

Abhishek said...

Karthik da... say something... don't stop... I am loving this fight!!! C'mon..!!! :)