Google

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

NOKIA Care - Care LESS

Butter fingers and being a proud owner of a Nokia E61i dont go hand in hand. Excellent mobile with great features until it slipped from my hand and tested the G shock on the floor. The Screen refused to work...and the mobile was kind enough to let me receive calls - though I had no idea who was calling!!!

Took it to the Nokia care center in Bangalore : Koramangala - and after a wait of an hour the verdict was that the screen has gone for a toss, no amount of trying to make it work helped....and needs to be replaced. An hour later they get my mobile back from the so called - dust free zone with a new screen , however with loads of scratches on it....and I got my old screen back as they wanted to prove that they had replaced it with a new one. The design of the screen is simple, there is just a single connector cable from the screen which has a tiny jack similar to RJ45 to be plugged into the board. When I refused to take the "new replaced screen" with scratches , I was made to wait for about 30 mins and they said that this is the only one they have and if I want I take it else they will replace it with the old one, and this is the best they can repair it ...in a rude, unprofessional way. A damaged screen was not worth 26oo I had paid so I asked for the old screen to be put back. They got this done in 5 mins and when I popped in the battery, my screen started working!!! Guess the issue was that the connector would have popped out and just needs to be replaced.

Questions:

  • How many people would they have cheated like this ? I was lucky that I had asked my old screen to be put back, else I would have been cheated.
  • To replace the screen took an hour , to put back the old one 5 mins ??
  • A complaint was logged with Nokia customer care - what action was taken against the dealer? - I got a call back from Nokia that they would work on the " feedback "..do they know the difference between a feedback and complaint ?
This was not the only bad experience that I had...once I had taken the same mobile to the Nokia care in Chennai - Valasaravakkam for an another fall and the speaker volume was low , they said that they have corrected the issue, however when I wanted to know what was corrected I got conflicting answers from the technicians there , for a price of 650 ruppes!!

2 comments:

Zcorpi said...

I wonder how many blogs you have in draft status .. One by one they keep popping up suddenly ...

Aki said...

@Gokul: Just a couple more :d