Google

Monday, February 02, 2009

Do u own the street in front of your house ??

Well...I have almost the same answer for this question...irrespective of the age group...an irresistible answer , pride possession outside the boundary walls of ones habitat...all say...why are you parking your car/bike on the side of my boundary walls!!! Absurd! Give me a break.

Mid Jan, I had to drop in a parcel for the underprivileged children at the World Vision office (NGO) in Kodambakkam and could not find a parking space on the same street and had to park the car in one of the by-lanes close to their office. I ensured that my car was not blocking the enterance to the house who's boundary wall I was literally kissing when parked to ensure that the street was not blocked. On my return back to the car after the visit to the office , I was suprised to see a lady studying the car with lot of disgust!

Oh My!! Well I was laughing inside and knew what was coming my way...she gave me a stare that could burn me down and said , "Is this your car" , I was calm and composed unlike my usual self for this particular senseless stake of tax payers property as self! and said yes, it is...and then hell broke loose...." How can you park your car in front my house!!" ...err....was it blocking the enterance to your house? NO!! All this for parking my car adjacent to her house boundary wall...hmmm....her arjument was , where will they park their car ? Ok...did the govt right off the parking space in u r favour ? If some one has occupied the space...find a free space.

This was not my first experience! I had a similar kind of experience with one of my neighbours , once when I had to go to the bank @ Valasaravakkam and parked in one of the by-lanes and once when I had been to Subam Hospital in Virugambakkam and parked outside the hospital compound wall in the space "reserved" for the doctor's car! fully loaded with a make shift shade!!

In all the above instance, my answer was the same. My car has a number plate! If you feel that I have encroached on u r land and parked lodge a complaint with the cops and I would pick it up from there.

2 comments:

Rathna Chinnappa said...

ha ha ! , well sometime you forget "it happens only in India" ;-)

Aki said...

@Ratna : True buddy!!