Google

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Fact or Story telling ??

My day typically starts with reading TOI and then go about doing my other work.I was reading a news article about a man killing his wife whom he married a week back !! I read the same article in 3 different news papers during my breaks from training on the same day and I was stunned and started hating the thought of reading news papers!!!

The news papers which I read were TOI, Bangalore Mirror and Deccan herald.

I don't recollect which story came in what , however the three different versions of the reasons are

1. They had a quarrel.
2. They had a fight about each others SMS and mails
3. They had a fight about Sex!!

Same news with three different story lines!! What do I believe is true ? I was lucky ( or Unlucky) to read the three different versions on the same day . What about the rest of the news (or stories) ? Many people start the day reading news papers @ Home , tea stalls, on the way to work , waiting for mode of transport and all are read to believe is the true incident based on the news papers that they read!!!! Are the news papers only interested in increasing their reader base with infected story lines ?

Page 3!!!! and not headlines!!

2 comments:

gandhi said...

still stuck to TOI? or should I say bangalore times? :)

the content in their online website has lot of junk. BT used to be fun back then...now it is just a bore!

btw, how is your photography going?

Sudarsan said...

eye catching headlines everywhere ... the content is very ordinary, to say the least.