Google

Sunday, November 16, 2008

6 couples and a Bachelor...trip to Mangalore


Though have been there couple of times I decided to join in a bunch of couples - here after referred as Oldies. for a trip to Mangalore on the 14th and 15th of November. Arrived at the hotel and after a long complementary B'fast - (A mistake that the hotel did to offer us complementary B'fast : Guess they realised that we have not seen food in ages ) ,we hit the roads. We stopped at a Summersand's resort (The beach here is horribly maintained with sewage mixing into the sea close by) en route to Bekal fort - Kasargode Kerala.Spend some time there and after a game of Volley ball and ring, we headed for the fort with a stop over for lunch in Kasargode - Mallu food.

The fort is one of my fav spot and any number of times would not make me bored. Wish it was the rainy season to relish the monsoon and the lush greenery of the vegetation in the fort. For the first time I tried a different angle of photography with my friends hovering over me. After lazing around in there till late evening we left for Mangalore with a stop over for tea and Pazampori ( Ripe plaintain coated with batter and deep fried). The day ended with a good dinner.

Sunday , we headed to St. Mary's Island. My first visit to this place as the last attempt with my parents , we were unable to make it as the boat was operated only when it is full - and there were just about 5 people including us for about an hour and had to cancel the plan. The island is big enough to be a private island and has some beautiful rock formations as if some one has chiseled it . Spend time lazing around and exploring the island and staging some shells for snaps. As we were waiting for the boat we were tempted to try out fresh fish fry and must admit I would have loved to have one more.

En route to Mangalore we stopped at Udupi for a gourmet lunch and a quick visit to the famous Krishna temple made the day. I thought Udupi to Mangalore was a memorable journey with a round of anthakshri , however I was wrong - the best part of the trip was many rounds of UNO that we played - Oh! I had never laughed so much in the last couple of months of hardship @ work. This trip was a definite stress buster. Hoping that we could make many more of these.

The only common cribbing that I heard from the couples was that the bed was separate with a table in between and not joined in each room :D


4 comments:

Skely said...

Dude,
Where is the group head photo?

Preethika said...

ha ha ha... the actual complaint was that the bachelor got a bigger room than any couple. And he had two bigger bed!!!

Aki said...

@Skely : I dont like putting my snap
@Preethi : Bachelors get not to be tied down with one option :D that explains the two bigger beds ...rofl.

Unknown said...

4ever u ll talk about food food n more food!!! n u wana shed weight!! hmmm...good plan to loose weight...eat even more.. rolf!!